Banfield Pet Hospital Director - VHG P&O Shared Services in Portland, Oregon
The Director, VHG P&O Shared Services will lead the start-up and deployment of the VHG P&O Shared Services team. The incumbent of this role will ensure alignment, consistency of application, and adherence to approved VHG P&O processes across all operations and functional areas. This role will focus on promoting efficiency, productivity and service excellence of the VHG P&O Shared Service team through effective line management, continuous process development and governance, improving productivity of business processes, and deploying tools and systems to measure improvements through the Oracle HCM deployment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Develop and implement the operational strategy, initiatives and continuous improvement and integration programs for VHG P&O Shared Services to include personnel records, HRIS, P&O systems, reporting, and new hire paperwork. In addition, align with VHG P&O leadership to develop VHG P&O Shared Service support and services roadmap.
- Partner closely with VHG P&O leadership team and VHG P&O COE leaders to establish shared service delivery roadmap, SLAs, and transition P&O processes to the shared service team.
- Partner closely with Oracle HCM project team to design and deploy cloud solutions and subsequent processes.
- Develop and implement the VHG P&O shared services team within 1 year.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of P&O processes through the different teams in the VHG P&O Shared Service team.
- Develop performance standards of all VHG P&O Shared Services functions and drive for excellent performance achievement. Ensure key performance indicators are established, measured and reported to all stakeholders.
- Develop VHG P&O Shared Service vendor strategy and create a collaborative vendor relationship.
- Serve as an escalation point for the VHG P&O unit leaders in the implementation of P&O operational related activities and provide coaching and development to the team to foster growth.
- Ensure that VHG P&O Shared Service is in compliance with internal policies (VHG, Mars) and external regulations.
- Serve as an advocate for continually improving behaviors and processes while enhancing the quality of delivery.
- Identify and adopt P&O best practices, maintaining a proactive sense of each units’ needs across VHG.
- Responsible for overall delivery of the P&O systems maintenance and all document management processes.
- Develop business continuity plans and procedures for the VHG P&O Shared Service organization in partnership with policy, program and compliance managers across VHG P&O.
Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. MBA preferred.
- Ten years progressive experience with shared services, HR processes and customer service.
- Prior experience leading large teams required.
- Oracle experience preferred.
Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Job: *Risk & Compliance
Title: Director - VHG P&O Shared Services
Location: Oregon-Portland-Central Team Support Location
Requisition ID: CEN000V0