The NPD Group, Inc. Manager, Solutions in Port Washington, New York
Be the first of your friends to declare, "I love where I work!" and actually mean it. Have fun and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world's largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Solutions team will report directly to the Director, Solutions. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
This position is responsible for management of a large number of Solutions studies per year. You will help manage schedules to meet deadlines, ensure coordination with internal support and departments and be responsible for client interaction and at times management. You will execute basic data prep, help design and execute analytic modeling and develop and present the results of study reports to clients (typically PowerPoint based). You will be responsible for quality reviews and timeliness of delivery.
The projects you will be working on make use of our proprietary data resources as well as client and 3rd party data to help our clients tackle their toughest business and marketing issues including:
* Pricing: elasticity, price bands/gaps, portfolio pricing, product lifecycle pricing
* Forecasting: category and product trends, new product estimates and source of volume impact
* Product feature valuation and optimization
* Assortment: optimal assortment, SKU rationalization, portfolio management
* Advertising/Promotion: advertising effectiveness, matched market testing
* Marketing optimization: market mix modeling, ROI
* Customer segmentation
In this role will also support the Solutions team in product development efforts such as identifying new approaches, testing, development, process automation, process documentation, training, etc.
This position can be based in Chicago, IL, Port Washington/NY, NY or Houston, TX.
* Support and project manage large-scale analytical research projects through all stages. This includes client engagement, proposal development support, study design including statistical methodology, data management and preparation, analysis, evaluation/refinement of analysis, reporting of results including business implications and support in presentation of final research report.
* Support questionnaire design, sampling specification, field management and data extraction/cleansing for custom studies, with supervision.
* Collaborate with internal Client Development teams and senior Solutions leadership to uncover business opportunities, establish analysis capabilities and help address client concerns to drive revenue.
* Lead and take ownership of assigned recurring multi-client or syndicated projects.
* Lead in the development of findings and insight stories to be presented to both internal and external clients.
* Provide insight and make value-added contributions toward the improvement of methodologies, processes, and adoption of new statistical techniques.
* Support internal/external training efforts regarding the use of advanced analytics.
* Support development of junior Solutions staff.
* BA/BS required, Masters/PhD preferred.
* Must be a self-starter who is inquisitive, resourceful, and can thrive in a high energy environment.
* Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, or competing priorities.
* Ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to work well on a team as well as independently.
* Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Fluency in key methodologies such as time-series analysis, segmentation techniques (factor, cluster, discriminant, CHAID analysis), Bayesian methods, correspondence map analysis, regression/drivers analysis, forecasting, discrete choice, and forecasting techniques.
* Experience in SAS Enterprise Guide, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience with other programming languages and statistical packages a plus: SQL, R, Latent Gold, Java, Python, etc.
* 4-8+ years' experience in related field/roles.
* Some travel required.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world's leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.