General Motors Systems Engineer - GPS0000681 in Pontiac, Michigan
Systems Engineer- Responsible for developing, documenting and releasing system mechanizations, system functional requirements, and system behavioral requirements.
- Develop, document and release fuel cell system requirements.
- Ensure traceability between system, subsystem and component level requirements.
- Identify requirements conflicts and negotiate with the Lead Systems Engineer, Subsystem Engineers and other stakeholders to resolve.
- Coordinate and lead workgroups to execute trades studies to determine the optimum requirements balance.
- Lead and participate in system failure modes and effects analysis to discover requirements.
- Execute requirements review and release process.
- Assure that requirements are of proper quality: standalone, concise, no conflicts and testable
- Contribute to Systems Engineering development plan and execute requirements development to plan.
- Develop and document validation criteria for system level requirements.
- Contribute to and participate in project gate reviews.
- Intensive and continual communications with systems stakeholders including subsystem, stack, cell, component, controls, development, cost, manufacturing and safety engineering as well as project leadership and management.
- Contact, communicate and coordinate with corporate subject matter experts as required.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- BS in Engineering with 6-10 years of experience.
- Must function well in engineering design team environment.
- Must display strong sense of teamwork and promote collaboration.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects.
- Experience with Power Point, Excel, Word.
- Interested in Green/Alternative transportation technologies.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
- Specific knowledge of engineeringdiscipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
- MS in Engineering with 3-5 years of experience.
- Fuel Cell and/or Battery experience