General Motors Process Engineer - Fuel Cells (Strategic) - MFE0003519 in Pontiac, Michigan
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
The Fuel Cell Manufacturing Engineering group develops and implements innovative processes that allow the manufacture of state of art automotive fuel cell systems. This position offers the opportunity to use manufacturing experience and strong mechanical skills to develop a leading edge advanced propulsion technology.
- Support implementation of novel fuel cell manufacturing processes
- Support continuous Improvement Engineering Activities
- Perform root cause analysis, develop solutions, implement corrective action plans on the floor and at component suppliers
- Work with fuel cell design teams to include manufacturing considerations in component design; participate in design team meetings as required
- Assist in the specification, procurement and qualification of equipment and tooling.
- Analyze first time quality data and optimize processes using statistical tools such as Red-X or DFSS
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- BS in Chemical, Chemistry, Materials Science or Related Discipline with minimum 3 years of experience.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering responsible for specification, procurement and qualification of equipment and tooling.
- Strong chemical and/or mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience developing manufacturing processes.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while exhibiting solid technical judgment and good project management skills.
- Statistical problem solving training
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems
- Experience in a chemical processing environment/laboratory
- Knowledge and experience with PFMEA and PPAP