General Motors GPS Structural Dynamics Analysis Engineer - GPS0000898 in Pontiac, Michigan
The GPS Structural Dynamics Analysis Engineer will conduct dynamic analyses for a wide variety of engine components such ascylinder heads, cylinder blocks, engine covers, exhaust systems, turbochargers, oil pans, & brackets.
- Retrieve and modify Unigraphics (NX) models of engine components and assemblies to support the creation of finite element (FE) models or multi-body dynamic (MBD) models
- Create FE and/or MBD models of components and subsystems
- Execute dynamic analysis to assess component and subsystem performance vs requirements
- Provide design recommendations to meet requirements based on interpretation of analysis results
- Participate in product design and development teams and present analysis results to engineering peers and management
- Perform vibration data analysis (for both experimental and analytical data) using commercial or in-house software.
- Continuously enhance standard analysis practices and tools to improve prediction fidelity and/or execution speed. Develop new methods as-required.
- Work with test engineers to support the development of first-time capable analysis techniques
- Document analysis objectives, conclusions, results, and assumptions
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Travel as required
Education and Training
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, with coursework in dynamics.
1+ years combined experience in one or more of the following areas:
Structural or MBD analysis of powertrain components and systems
- Noise and vibration data acquisition and analysis
- Familiarity with Nastran, Optistruct, VL Motion, or similar analysis software
- Familiarity with Hypermesh, Simlab or equivalent meshing & post-processing software
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience with dynamic analysis of powertrain components.
- 2+ years of experience with N&V data acquisition and analysis techniques,
- Familiarity with frequency domain analysis of periodic data.
- MS preferred