General Motors Fuel Cell System Electrical Engineer - POW0004500 in Pontiac, Michigan
Working with fuel cell design, controls and systems engineering teams, support the electrical aspects of the fuel cell system design and operation. Work with subsystem component engineers to establish and manage electrical interface requirements to drive the component selection process. Work with other engineers to develop trade-off studies that consider safety, cost, performance, reliability, mass, etc. and apply to the component selection and subsystem design process.
- Establish requirements for and manage fuel cell stack voltage monitoring system.
- Balance “top down” system requirements with key component metrics: cost, efficiency, EMC, signal accuracy, etc.
- Maintain detailedcomponent cost analyses and, working with cost engineering, perform cost/performance tradeoff studies
- Work with Design, CFD and FEA personnel to develop CAD and CAE models for design and analysis purposes
- Work with purchasing and the supplier base to identify qualified potential suppliers for production
- Work well in a cross-functional subsystem development team & conduct detailed peer reviews
- Insure compliance to GM Powertrain bill of material, design & process (BOM/BOD/BOP)
- Participate in analysis of component test results and component selection processes
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
BS- EE with at least five years’ experience in automotive high voltage and/or low voltage electrical systems
- Experience with automotive hybrid systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of automobiles with conventional, hybrid and/or fuel cell powertrains is preferred
- Working knowledge of product design tools: eg. DFM/DFA, DFSS, Shaninin Red X, Design of Experiments etc
- Working knowledge of CAE design and analysis tools FEA, CFD and CAD
- Experience with spreadsheet data analysis and presentation software
- Must function well in an engineering team environment
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to detail
- Communication: Strong oral, written and presentation skills