General Motors Engineering Business Lead - Headcount & Labor - GPS0001202 in Pontiac, Michigan
The Engineering Business Lead for Headcount and Labor interfaces with Global Functional Leadership for headcount forecasting and labor costs. The primary focus is to provide tools, insight, and key knowledge to senior leaders for the purpose of financially optimal product development. Engineering Business Leads work cross functionally with all teams & regionsintegrated within the GPS workspace. Budget development activities are conducted in parallel with monthly reporting and process development work streams. All of these areas are immersed in Head Count Engineering Business Lead activities.
- Execution of standard work.
- Manage all aspects of SharePoint sites.
- Manage all budget development data.
- Analytics of HR/financial data for the purpose of forecasting.
- Presentation of forecast/analytic data to leadership.
- Liaison forhead count fiduciarymatters between all functions in GPS.
- Participationof OpEx projects within all functions of GPS.
- Directly supports Global Budget Manager, with special assignments.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Math, Science, Engineering, Business, Economics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in forecasting, finance reporting, or business analytics.
- Advanced Excel andMicrosoft Development skills tocreate reporting tools within the given ITsupported software packages. (Excel, Access, Tableau, PowerBI, Excel Add-In Features, R-Script, Visual Basic, Forms, Reports, etc...)
- Time Management - The Engineering Business Lead must practice flawless time management behaviors to be successful. This position requires monthly deliverables and special assignments. Both must be met with due care and attention to detail.
- Critical Thinking - Assignments are of an ambiguous nature and require out of the box creative solutions.
- Process Development - Refinement of current best practices to improve quality and throughput with standard work, process flow charts, value stream mapping, etc...
- Team Concept - Engineering Business Leads must have the ability to work within multiple cross functions and teams. This position requires a degree of interpersonal ability to identify key leading indicators for the purpose of forecasting.
- Managerial Courage - The Engineering Business Lead must have the ability to deliver truthful, honest, unbiased reports and presentations to senior leadership. They must be able to defend the data that they are presenting and conduct a professional discussion about the findings.
- Coding – Visual Basic (Excel/Access), R-Script, Tableau Logic
- Understanding of GM talent acquisition processes.
- MS Degree – Math, Science, Engineering, Business, Economics
- Financial Reporting - Experience in the reporting structure and practices ofAccounting/Finance