General Motors Engineering Business Lead - GPS0001168 in Pontiac, Michigan
The Engineering Business Lead interfaces with program execution teams from all sectors of the GPS business. The primary focus is to provide tools, insight, and key knowledge to senior leaders for the purpose of financially optimal product development. Engineering Business Leads work cross functionally with all teams & regionsintegrated within the GPS workspace. Budget development activities are conducted in parallel with monthly reporting/forecasting and process development. All of these areas are immersed in Engineering Business Lead activities.
- Execution of standard work.
- Analytics of financial data for the purpose of forecasting.
- Presentation of forecast/analytics data to leadership.
- Liaison forfiduciarymatters between all functions in GPS.
- Participationof OpEx projects within all functions of GPS.
- Cost saving initiatives with respect to prototype material and tooling.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor's Degree - Math, Science, Engineering, Business, Economics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in forecasting, finance reporting, or business analytics.
- Advanced Excel andMicrosoft Development skills tocreate reporting tools within the given ITsupported software packages. (Excel, Access, Tableau, PowerBI, Excel Add-In Features, R-Script, Visual Basic, Forms, reports, etc...)
- Time Management - The Engineering Business Lead must practice flawless time management behaviors to be successful. This position requires monthly deliverables and special assignments for analysis. Both must be met with due care and attention to detail.
- Critical Thinking - Assignments are of an ambiguous nature and require out of the box creative solutions.
- Process Development - Refinement of current best practices to improve quality and throughput with standard work, process flow charts, value stream mapping, etc...
- Team Concept - Engineering Business Leads must have the ability to work within multiple cross functions and teams. This position requires a degree of interpersonal ability to identify key leading indicators for the purpose of forecasting.
- Managerial Courage - The Engineering Business Lead must have the ability to deliver truthful, honest, unbiased reports and presentations to senior leadership. They must be able to defend the data that they are presenting and conduct a professional discussion about the findings.
- Coding – Visual Basic (Excel/Access), R-Script, Tableau Logic
- MS Degree – Math, Science, Engineering, Business, Economics
- Financial Reporting - Experience in the reporting structure and practices of Accounting/Finance.