The Homestead Childrens Autism Associate - Part Time in Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Do you have a passion for working with children? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of a family whose child has autism? Then The Homestead might be a great fit for you!
This position is perfect for college students and para educators looking for supplemental experience or careers. You would be inspiring personal growth, teaching self-care, social skills development and in some cases, practical life long skills. If you're someone who cares deeply for other people, wants to be challenged every day, is creative and patient, we'd like to talk to you about doing this rewarding work.
- Responsible for training and assisting persons served in various aspects of daily living
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the health, safety and emotional support of the person being served
- Electronically document the services and supports provided
- High school diploma or GED
- Driver's license with chauffer's endorsement and auto insurance
Autism Associate work hours will be afternoons and evenings during the week. Some weekend hours between the hours of 8AM-8PM. Shifts are a minimum of 3 hours per day with the opportunity to work with more than one child in a day.
Part Time Hours*(10-20 hours per week)*:
The clinic is open from 8:00am-5:00pm. Autism Associate will be working 2-3 hour shifts at a time.
- Sunday: 8:00am-5:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
- Monday: 3:30pm-8:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
- Tuesday: 3:30pm-8:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
- Wednesday: 3:30pm-8:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
- Thursday: 3:30pm-8:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
- Friday: 3:30pm-8:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
- Saturday: 8:00am-5:00pm (2-3 hour shifts at a time)
We will conduct a pre-employment physical, drug screen, medicaid fraud check, motor vehicle report and background check to ensure the safety of our person served. The Homestead is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't just get a job, do something meaningful!