HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - IMCU/Telemetry - Per Diem in Plantation, Florida
Telemetry/IMCU- RN – * Plantation General Hospital Plantation, FL* Facility Description:
Plantation General Hospital is a full-service facility that is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been providing a range of healthcare services to residents of Plantation and Central Broward County for 45 years. Our nationally recognized centers of excellence specialize in maternity, high risk maternity; pediatrics, pediatric intensive care and Level III neonatal intensive care have earned us a distinguished reputation for quality. Plantation General Hospital is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and as a Center of Excellence in Neonatal services, one of the only three in the nation. We deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve. /Plantation General Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/ _Job Description:_ The Telemetry/IMCU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider Issued by the American Heart Association
- ACLS preferred
- 1- 2 years of Tele experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keyword: Telemetry RN, IMCU RN, Registered Nurse Telemetry, Monitor
Title: Registered Nurse - IMCU/Telemetry - Per Diem
Location: Florida-Plantation-Plantation General Hospital - Fort Lauderdale Area
Requisition ID: 00056-6213