Gordon Food Service Food Sales Support Specialist - Plant City, FL in Plant City, Florida
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
We are looking for motivated individuals with a passion for Customer Service and an interest in Food Service/Hospitality to join our Plant City Team!
At Gordon Food Service our customers come first and, as aFood Sales Support Specialist, you will play a key role in exceeding their expectations by listening, leading, problem solving, and delivering on what we promise.
By partnering with our Outside Sales Representatives, you will have the opportunity to support order and delivery interactions between customers via telephone, email, and Gordon Food Service (GFS), all while learning our product and service offerings and building your capabilities in processes, tools, and techniques.
- Strives to internally strengthen customer relationships by representing GFS products and services for assigned territory and accounts and promote and utilize e‐Commerce technologies.
- Manage customer orders and communicates with customers regarding out of stocks and substitution options. Determine appropriate credits for customers.
- Utilize upwards of 10 different software programs and maintain knowledge of specific GFS systems, distribution centers, and products.
- Arrange exception deliveries in collaboration with Transportation departments and other delivery services.
- Collaborate with Outside Sales Representatives on customer pricing exceptions; leverage GFS resources to increase territory growth.
- Discussion of negotiation of products and pricing to customer.
- Run and analyze reports.
- Support Outside Sales Representatives and customers with order guide management, creating quote lists, invoice comparisons and creating reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Strongly Preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - Required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) and Google Applications (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Drive, Sites, Groups) with the ability to quickly learn new software programs - Preferred.
- Prior Food Service experience - Preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) - Preferred.
- Two years previous Customer Service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills as well as problem‐solving capabilities.
- Must have the ability to multi‐task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must have good customer service and time management skills.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
- In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Job Category: Sales