HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Director, Critical Care in Plano, Texas
TheDirector, Critical Care is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing all functions of the department(s) in order to support the stated mission, vision and values of Medical Center of Plano and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and promote,advocate and support the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family or community. It is expected that the Director will effectively operate the department, continue the improvement of the department’s processes and outcomes, comply with hospital and corporate policy and procedures, efficiently manage finances and resources, promote teamwork and customer satisfaction, and integrate the department services into the organization’s overall plan for delivery of care and service.
· Coordinate/integrate department services with the hospital’s primary function.
· Develop/implement policies/procedures that guide/support the provision of services.
· Coordinate all department services placing patient safety as the primary goal.
· Exercise independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care.
· Provide care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of modeling and role-modeling.
· Delegate tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
· Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
· Recommend a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services.
· Determine the qualifications/competence of personnel.
· Continuously assess/improve department’s performance.
· Maintain/implement quality control programs.
· Provide for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education and development of staff.
· Recommend space and other resources needed in the provision of services.
· Identify and select outside sources for needed services.
· Promote involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community activities. Participate in health promotions and educational community involvement, life time learning and nursing research.
· Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
· Actively participate in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
· Patient care and/or department service is delivered in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
· Conduct and interpersonal relationships contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
· Skills are maintained and enhanced through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
· Completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aide and BloodbornePathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
· Follows established guidelines for compliance with MCPPatient Safety Goals and Practices.
· Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential and actual patient safety issues, medical errors or unanticipated outcomes.
· Uses Performance Improvement process to improve patient safety and patient outcomes.
Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field or other appropriate post Graduate degree or a plan actively in place to obtain same
RN, National Specialty Certification preferred
10 years nursing, 5 years management
Title: RN Director, Critical Care
Location: Texas-Plano-The Medical Center of Plano
Requisition ID: 00058-82160