Siemens Materials Management Support Specialist in Plainfield, Indiana
Materials Management Support Specialist
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 201232
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Global Logistics Support Center is the customer facing organization for LD logistics and the key relationship manager between logistics and our affiliates and their distributors. We are responsible for replenishing inventory supply to global distribution centers in over 80 countries.
The Materials Management Support Specialist develops a relationship with our international contacts to enable the successful distribution of LD products. This role is responsible for ensuring customer demands are clearly understood and executed through the supply chain and consistently delivered based on our global delivery schedule. They are responsible for satisfactory sales order fulfillment through delivery in country.
· Provideorder management functions and export documentation and logistics support to provide integrated export services to customer base.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to Order Entry, Order Tracking, Inventory Management, Coordination of Export Inspections, creation of export documents, and provide shipping instructions to Freight Forwarder.
· Participates in interfacing with Manufacturing, Distribution Centers, Planning and Procurement groups to investigate and resolve issues; aids in troubleshooting of export logistics issues for customer base.
· Escalates complex, unusual problems to management team.
· Reviews, enters and manages international customer orders.
· Supports account relationships to ensure timely delivery of products
· Acts as first level specialist for general support needs and may assist with technical support and/or problem resolution.
· Participates in the resolution of problems (complaints and disputes) regarding shipments and product availability.
· May identify and initiate opportunities for process improvements and to grow the business.
· May involve international travel
· 1-2 years’ experience working in a customer service or exports environment
· Experience working within a sales and distribution or warehouse management system
· Analytical skills
· Computer skills, including Excel, Outlook
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with others with diverse backgrounds
· Ability to communicate and behave in a respectful manner
· Perform as an advocate for our customers
· Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage change in department proactively and positively
· Excellent attendance
· International Customer Service experience
· Adobe and PowerPoint experience
· SAP experience
· Degree or certification
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .