County of El Dorado Supervising Public Health Nurse in Placerville, California
*Update: Effective 3/1/16, this recruitment will be used to fill two (2) full time vacancies in the Health and Human Services Agency located in Placerville, CA*
*The County of El Dorado is conducting this recruitment to fill one (1) full time vacancy in the Health and Human Services Agency located in Placerville, CA. It will also establish a list which may be used for up to three months to fill future full-time, part-time, and extra-help vacancies throughout the county. This recruitment will remain open until filled.*
**A Training and Experience Evaluation will be utilized to determine applicant ranking and placement on the eligible list. Based upon responses to the supplemental questionnaire, the applicant's education, training and experience will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula.
HIRING INCENTIVES** *A signing bonus of up to $6,000 will be paid over 26 bi-weekly pay periods. *Where the selected candidate lives over 100 miles from the assigned work location, reimbursement of ACTUAL moving expenses, up to $5,000, will be available.
For more information on this position recruitment, including Compensation and Benefits, please view the recruitment flier.
Under direction, plans, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned professional and other support staff; performs complex public health nursing duties and/or has responsibility for a specialized health care program.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS This is the first supervisory level in the public health nursing series, responsible for supervising and training of staff in addition to providing public health nursing services for the more complex client cases. Incumbents may also have independent responsibility for a major specialized public health program. This class is distinguished from the Public Health Services Manager in that the latter has primary supervisory responsibility for a public health nursing facility and assigned specialized projects and programs. Examples of Essential Functions
- Plans, organizes, supervises and reviews the work of assigned professional and support staff.
- Selects staff and provides for the orientation, training and evaluation of staff; recommends discipline and other personnel decisions.
- Provides technical consultation and guidance to staff members on difficult client cases.
- Provides leadership and quality review for specialized health programs, such as Child Health and Disease Prevention; monitors health assessment completeness and validates medical problems found; monitors frequency and nature of services provided.
- Conducts fiscal planning and budget or grant preparation including strategic planning for budget or grant implementation.
- Evaluates the health needs of individuals and special population groups from a wide variety of cultural and economic backgrounds and recent immigrant populations and those choosing alternate lifestyles.
- Identifies the symptoms of physical, mental or emotional problems and refers individuals and families to appropriate financial, medical or other support services; performs follow-up on such referrals.
- Coordinates services provided those of private, public and community voluntary health and social service agencies; serves as liaison to community groups, assisting them in identifying health needs, and providing public health education.
- May serve as primary staff in communicable disease clinics or assists in other clinics; may give immunizations and conduct immunization clinics.
- Monitors and evaluates programs, projects and special services; prepares a variety of periodic and special reports for appropriate management review.
- Represents the County and the department in meetings with Community councils and groups, other agencies and the public.
- Attendance and punctuality that is observant of scheduled hours on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education & Experience Requirements (typing "See Resume" in application will not be accepted)
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from a regionally accredited college or university. Courses from non-regionally accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing AND two years of public health nursing experience.
NOTE: The above qualifications are typically accepted ways of obtaining the required knowledge and skills.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Must possess a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California, and a valid California State Public Health Nursing Certificate.
Salary: $73,465.60 - $89,294.40 Annually
Job Number: 2015-02082
Location: Placerville, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services Agency
Agency: The County of El Dorado
Address: 330 Fair Lane Placerville, California, 95667.