EY Tax Services Manager - National Tax - Fiduciary Trust Tax Services - Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Title: Tax Services Manager - National Tax - Fiduciary Trust Tax Services - Pittsburgh
Job Number: PIT000NX
- Assist and coach staff with reviewing/correcting transaction data bridged from client accounting systems to tax reporting systems. Facilitate communications and provide assistance to team members by sharing knowledge, offering advice and making decisions to meet engagement deliverables.
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and compliance requirements, thereby enhancing long-term working relationships. Develop and deliver timely and high-quality services and work products.
- Participate in and/or lead client meetings and team meetings working within a team environment with a focus on delivering outstanding client service.
- Prepare/review Forms 1099 and fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041), including estate fiduciary income tax returns, charitable split interest trust (Form 5227), and exempt organizations (Form 990/990PF) for complex trust relationships.
- May prepare or review estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax returns as requested.
- Manage all aspects of engagements and/or specific engagement responsibilities assigned by the Tax Senior Manager.
- Contribute to a flexible, stable and team oriented working culture that fosters staff development.
- Participates in recruiting staff to meet the demands of engagements assigned and to promote the growth of the Firm.
- Participates in internal and external training and self- study courses in order to maintain and enhance knowledge of tax law and software applications.
- Seek out and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Decisions made by this position on a regular basis include interpretation of trust documents, reviewing and interpreting tax law, developing and applying processes to meet the needs of the engagements.
- Reviews returns prepared by other staff based on established criteria.
- Successful performance in this position is dependent on the management of the engagements assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- CPA or JD.
- Commitment to ongoing learning in a tax technology environment and proficient use of trust tax processing systems.
- 5 years of experience working on complex trust tax returns and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability in training and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong client interaction skills.
- Proficient with software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, company specific systems and trust tax software.
- Thorough understanding of fiduciary tax law and concepts required to prepare US Federal and State fiduciary tax returns.
- Ability to communicate with client liaison and/or client trust administration team on a regular basis as well as with colleagues.
- Demonstrates strong teaming, project management and leadership skills.