PNC Strategy & Planning Specialist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101073 Strategy & Planning Spec
Supports one or more strategic initiatives to understand, analyze, develop and recommend strategy and planning solutions.
Defines the business problem, identifies issues and prepares a planned approach for one or more initiatives.
Defines and obtains data collection, research and reporting activities for assigned initiatives.
Analyzes and recommends solutions for key initiatives. Works with more senior team members to develop and deliver presentations.
Collaborates with the line of business to implement recommended solutions.
PA - Pittsburgh
Strategy & Planning Specialist
Line of Business:
PA371 - USX Tower/Steel Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Basic Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Business Process Design - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of business process design techniques that encourage a critical, fresh look at key processes and focus on optimizing organizational performance; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Influencing - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Strategic Thinking - Basic Experience
- Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
Data Gathering and Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to use these to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a Strategy & Planning Specialist within PNC's Technology and Operations Risk Management (TORM) organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh or Cleveland. You will be part of the training and communication team developing structure, tools and enablement on risk topics for TORM and the technology and operations teams.
Develop and plan risk awareness
Develop and plan communication around TORM Onboarding
Develop and plan rollout of Risk Curriculum by role
Gather existing risk training within PNC---PNCU, 2LOD, within T&O
Tactics to help drive engagement