PNC Internal Auditor in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100532 Internal Auditor
Performs analysis of financial data controls, operational controls and procedures to ensure compliance. Makes recommendations to enhance operational efficiencies.
Prepares work papers to support audit scope, objectives, work performed, findings and conclusions reached. Performs testing of key controls and documents results .
Assesses vulnerabilities and provides recommendations and options .
Presents audit findings to audit management for the development of reports and recommendations .
Performs test work in support of external audit of internal controls, business processes, and account balances .
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Basic Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Process Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Internal Controls - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Auditing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a(n) Internal Auditor within PNC's Rotational Internal Audit Operations organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA; Cleveland, OH; Charlotte, NC, or Chicago, IL.
Prefer 1-3 years of auditing experience.
Prefer Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Prefer experience with a CPA firm.