PNC Court Accountant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100757 Court Accountant
Performs general accounting duties and prepares distribution schedules of assets, following state and local jurisdiction requirements, to expedite termination of simple and uncomplicated revocable, irrevocable or other trust accounts. Disseminates accountings to trust administration, attorneys, trust beneficiaries, or the appropriate court.
Acts under supervision to prepare accountings and distribution schedules for most basic accounts.
Retrieves, compiles and analyzes complex data from various sources to respond to court-mandated requests.
Identifies and resolves discrepancies, with assistance, by researching, troubleshooting and analyzing.
Reviews bank fees paid to date in terminating accounts. Calculates amounts due prior to final account distribution.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
Asset Management Group
PA008 - Allegheny Center
Total Hours Per Week:
8 AM to 5 PM
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 3+ years experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Information Capture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Working with Microsoft Office - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use the cross-functional features of Microsoft Office applications.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Financial Record Keeping - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, methods, and tools for maintaining accurate and thorough records of financial transactions.
Financial Reporting - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.
Knowledge of a Specific Financial or Accounting System - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications which are specific to the organization.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a Court Accountant within PNC's Asset Management Group, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA