PNC Business Analytics Manager Sr in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100179 Bus Analytics Mgr Sr
Directs the strategic design, management, and implementation of an enterprise-wide business analytics programs to drive customer satisfaction, service innovation and profitability.
Overseeing data integration, data analytics, and predictive modeling processes to meet business requirements .
Leading the research, development and implementation of new and emerging analytics technologies; identifying technology-based business opportunities.
Implementing mechanisms for ensuring that information provided is accurate, meaningful, has integrity, and caters to the needs of the decision makers.
Directing, motivating, developing and managing the performance of the management team and key staff.
PA - Pittsburgh
Business Analytics Manager Sr
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Organizational Savvy and Politics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
Business Case Justification - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the how's and why's of preparing and justifying business cases and value propositions; ability to justify business expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, ROI, opportunities, and risks.
Business Analytics - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Effective Communications - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Emerging Technologies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Analytical Thinking - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
PNC is currently focused on building a best-in-class data analytics function within their Internal Audit Department . As such, we are looking for a Business Analytics Senior Manager to play a critical role in the development, implementation, and management of the data analytics function. The ideal candidate for this job will be asked to work with various members of the Internal Audit and Enterprise Business Intelligence teams to analyze business data and other data relationships to develop visualizations and analytic reporting to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls. He or she will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships to enable the success of the Analytics program. Utilizing his or her knowledge and experience, the candidate will provide innovative insights and adapt methods and practices to fit the operational needs and contribute to thought leadership. The candidate will be skilled at data mining and analysis; as well as management level reporting. He or she must have the ability to analyze and review business data to identify key indicators pertaining to operations, risk, finance, compliance, or process controls, and ability to design and implement analytical business and technology solutions to meet identified key indicators. The candidate must have strong written and verbal skills; have a strong project management orientation that drives for results, and a customer service focus. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with cross-functional teams of data analysts, line-of-business audit teams, and the technology team. Candidate must be able to translate business requirements into clear objectives and technical specifications for making requests of the Technology Team (e.g. Clarity and SMART). The successful candidate will also need to possess strong interpersonal skills.
This position can be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Chicago, IL, or Charlotte, NC .
Progressive experience performing complex structured problem analysis, data mapping, and analysis using visual business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, Spotfire, Quikview, ACL, R Studio, etc) to identify data anomalies, trends, or performing statistical analysis.
Project management experience is a plus. Experience as a business analyst or data architect is desired.
The ability to design and build analytical business and technology reporting to meet identified key indicators.
Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems and/or Economics with an emphasis in computer science and/or engineering; Master’s or MBA not required but a plus.
Prior internal audit and people management experience preferred.
Customer focus and business development skills.