PNC Business Analytics Consultant Sr in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100177 Bus Analytics Conslt Sr
Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and useful applications across multiple functions or business units.
Consulting to clients on tool and strategy implementation and monitoring, statistical scoring, business intelligence, data quality, and analytical product / solution development.
Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting development, implementation and enhancements.
Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing dashboard reporting for operations and executive management to enable data driven decision making.
Analyzing results for multiple functions and communicating conclusions from complex models to a wide range of audiences.
PA - Pittsburgh
Business Analytics Consultant Sr
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Emerging Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
PNC is currently focused on building a best-in-class data analytics function within their Internal Audit Department. As such, we are looking for a Business Analytics Consultant Senior to play a vital role in the development, implementation, and execution of the data analytics function. The ideal candidate for this job will be asked to work with various members of the Internal Audit and Enterprise Business Intelligence teams to analyze business data and other data relationships to develop visualizations and analytic reporting to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls. He or she will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships to enable the success of the Analytics program. Utilizing his or her knowledge and experience, the candidate will provide innovative insights and adapt methods and practices to fit the operational needs and contribute to thought leadership. The candidate will be perform data mining and analysis; as well as produce management level reporting. He or she must have the ability to analyze and review business data to identify key indicators pertaining to operations, risk, finance, compliance, or process controls, and ability to design and implement analytical business and technology solutions to meet identified key indicators. The candidate must have strong written and verbal skills; have a strong project management orientation that drives for results, and a customer service focus. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing and consulting line-of-business audit teams, and the technology team in the data analytics area. Candidate must be able to translate business requirements into clear objectives and technical specifications for making requests of the Technology Team (e.g. Clarity and SMART). The successful candidate will also need to possess strong interpersonal skills.
This position will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland OH, Chicago, IL or Charlotte, NC .
Progressive experience performing complex structured problem analysis, data mapping, and analysis using visual business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, Spotfire, Quikview, ACL, R Studio, etc) to identify data anomalies, trends, or performing statistical analysis.
Project management experience is a plus. Experience as a business analyst or data architect is desired.
The ability to design and build analytical business and technology reporting to meet identified key indicators.
Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems and/or Economics with an emphasis in computer science and/or engineering; Master’s or MBA not required but a plus.
Prior internal audit and people management experience preferred.
Customer focus and business development skills.