United States Steel Benefits Service Center Associate I in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Benefits Service Center Associate I
Auto req ID7663BR
State/ProvinceUS - PA
Work Location - CityPittsburgh
Mid-LevelTotal Rewards & HR Shared Svcs
Company OverviewSteel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Job DescriptionThe Department of Employee Benefits leads the strategy and administration of North American employee, pension, and retiree benefits. This job falls within the U. S. Steel Benefits Service Center. The Benefits Service Center Associate assists with the administration and daily support of the North American employee benefits (active and retirees). Provides administrative support for customer inquiries including, but not limited to, addressing questions, providing or requesting appropriate documentation from the customer, accurately documenting case details/history, and ensuring appropriate closure or escalation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: • Handles live calls and correspondence from retirees, employees, plan participants, and interdepartmental personnel regarding various benefit matters. • Administers North American employee and retiree benefits including processing enrollments, changes, and terminations. • Enters data into appropriate systems. • Depending on the inquiry, provides counsel to employees and retirees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. • Helps employees and plan participants navigate through our employee benefits web sites. • Enters benefit elections on-line on behalf of our employees and retirees when they cannot. • Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate, escalates potential problems in a timely manner. • Escalates questions that are beyond level of knowledge to appropriate party or to supervisor. • Other related tasks may include benefit eligibility verification as it pertains to pensioners, beneficiaries, and active employees (non-union and union). • Assists with special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High school diploma or equivalent; associate's degree in business administration or a related field preferred
• At least two years of related benefits, pension, or relevant experience
• A high-energy, self-motivated professional accustomed to moving at a fast pace in a progressive environment
• Dedicated and fast learner, committed to meeting deadlines
• Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented individual
• Ability to identify and prioritize requests that may need immediate attention • Ability to work well in a team environment and possess good time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills (i.e. demonstrate empathy, respect, knowledge, and a willingness to help)
• Preferred working knowledge of benefits eligibility and enrollment rules in order to ensure correct implementation
• Ability to keep a schedule
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Competency SummaryAs an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment OpportunityU. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply to job Save to cart View similar jobs