Indian Health Service Pharmacist (PInon)-DHA-Open Continuous in Pinon, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Pinon, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 2/2/2016 (268 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (65 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-16-CH-1599403-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The position is located at the Indian Health Services, Pharmacy Department, Pinon, Arizona. The positions works under the designated Clinical Director. Incumbent performs diagnostic, preventive and/or therapeutic services.
- Selects, procures, prepares and dispenses only those medication that conform to standards of quality for potency, purity, and effectiveness at the time they are administered to or used by the patients.
- Counsels patients on safe and effective use, including compliance of the prescribed medications.
- Packages, manufactures and compounds product.
- Routinely inspects all drug storage plans.
- Reviews inpatient and outpatient medical records.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must meet educational requirements.
- Must meet licensure requirements.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
You must meet all of the BASIC REQUIREMENTS listed below: 1. A minimum of a four year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (A copy of your transcripts must be provided). 2. All applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States or the District of Columbia. NOTE: Individuals graduating from approved schools of pharmacy within the last 12 months may be appointed pending licensure/registration. Such appointments may not exceed six months without the employee obtaining licensure/registration. In addition to meeting the basic requirements, you must also meet the following minimum requirements for the grade level you wish to be considered for: GS-11: Successful completion of a 6-year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) degree OR 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least the GS-09. Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
- Qualified applicants will be referred at the request of the selecting official upon a vacancy. Those candidates who have complete application packets on file as of each request date will receive full consideration for the vacant position. Your name will be referred to those sites that match your job preferences.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
Government housing is available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This position works on a regularly assigned, rotation, or call back basis to provide continuity of medical services during evening, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $82,897.00 to $98,440.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-11/11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 428407000
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CH-1599404-DHA