Indian Health Service Pharmacist ( OCA) in Pine Ridge, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
Many vacancies in the following location:
- Pine Ridge, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 7/21/2016 (96 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 7/20/2017 (268 day(s) away)
About the Agency
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-16-GP-1757872-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Services (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Great Plains Area, Pharmacy Department, Pine Ridge, Kyle, and Wanblee, South Dakota. * *Position reports to the Chief Pharmacist.
- Provide information on policies and procedures and/or information on use of drugs in the patient treatment plan. Provide advisory information to patients and the medical professionals at the facility.
- Dispenses drugs, maintains controls and security of narcotics and other controlled substances.
- Monitors drug therapy for interactions, adverse effects and therapeutic efficacy.
- Provides consultation to Medical, Dental and Nursing staff.
- Provides primary patient care where guidelines have been developed; exercises clinical judgment in management of chronic care patients.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Relocation expenses may be authorized and may be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active, Unrestricted License ( Submit Copy)
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
LICENSURE: All applicants MUST be licensed to practice pharmacy in a state, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
EDUCATION: Four (4) year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
GS-09: Successful completion of a five (5) year course of study leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in pharmacy from an approved pharmacy school, OR; One (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-07 grade level.
GS-11: Successful completion of a six (6) year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree or One (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-09 grade level.
GS-12: One (1) year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-11 grade level.
EXPERIENCE DEFINED: Specialized experience is defined as work involved in compounding prescriptions, and formulating, preparing, bulk compounding, selecting, dispensing, and preserving drugs medicines, and chemicals. Advising on drug therapy and usage in a hospital, clinic or a facility in the pharmaceutical industry.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Thursday, July 20, 2017 You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions will be evaluated against the duties you provided in your resume, along with your submitted documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following:
- MEDICAL REQUIREMENT
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
If you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, your application will be rated based on Category Rating and Selection procedures, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within each of these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-preference eligibles. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Review our benefits
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment incentive (may be authorized.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work Schedule: Rotating Shifts ( Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays).
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $82,897.00 to $117,991.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-09/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: ANY UNITED STATES CITIZEN
Control Number: 448805400
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-GP-1787146-DH