Comcast Program Manager, L&D -Instructional Technology in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for developing high quality, cost effective programs for all employees. Scopes course development projects. Develops project timelines, coordinates subject matter expert (SME) work product, course-design vendors, and other stakeholders. Designs and develops new training programs in Articulate Storyline. Updates existing courses in Articulate. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility for supervision or performance management of staff.
- Facilitates learning to develop participants' competencies and to help learners meet specified performance expectations through technical, high level (non-tech), and management development courses.
- Modifies training programs, as necessary, to ensure consistency with Comcast Credo, Think Customer First, and Comcast Business Objectives. Makes recommendations to help develop, implement, and enhance training content, delivery, and evaluation.
- Collaborates with University staff, senior business services operations management, and other department personnel regarding training needs, curriculum design, development, and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for business units.
- Monitors linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance, coaches participants back on the job, ensuring that learning translates to performance, and conducts additional research prior to leading change initiatives.
- Evaluates learning and uses evaluation and feedback to upgrade learning and/or develop additional material.
- Develops all components of respective training program(s) including: learning objectives, performance objectives, participant guides, facilitator guides, videos, job aids, assessments, computer components, and student exercises.
- Ensures learning schedules and calendars are administered and maintains participant records during training.
- Performs needs assessment and research; works closely with field SMEs in order to align with business needs and Comcast competencies.
- Analyzes and manages strategies to maximize learner performance.
- Oversees end-to-end projects with emphasis on minimizing design/development redundancies, informing team on issues/concerns, and facilitates communication strategies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Major Duties: (May perform any or all of the following duties)
- Effectively manage assigned projects within project requirements, quality, timelines, and budget.
- Collaborate with University staff and other departments regarding training needs, curriculum design, development and delivery in order to create relevant solutions. Oversee end to end project with emphasis on the following:
- Developing, utilizing and communicating detailed project plans
- Establishing and gaining agreement on CU and SME ownership and responsibilities throughout the course development and deployment process
- Minimizing design/development redundancies
- Sequencing/coordinating final deliverables
- Inform project team or responsible "owner" of issues/concerns as discovered
- Design and develop instructor-led, virtual, and elearning courses. Includes developing scripts and storyboards utilizing content provided by subject matter experts. May include content writing dependent upon the content received by SMEs. Includes content development in Articulate Storyline 5.
- Facilitate communication among project team to maximize efficiencies and project deliverables
- Manage in-house resources and outside vendors to produce developed materials following the ADDIE model.
- Keep abreast of learning "technology" changes and new methods for design, development, delivery, through outside association contacts and publications.
-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years experience
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to build effective and accurate project plans
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail in both reviewing for accuracy in updates and course edits and ensuring technical accuracy of course navigation.
- 3-5 years experience in an Instructional Design/content developer role as it relates to elearning course development with an emphasis on technical systems training.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and partner with senior level executives
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across functions.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer