Community College of Philadelphia Manager, Safety and Security in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond. Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Safety and Security position.
The Manager, Safety and Security is responsible for the management of operations and security personnel within the College's Safety and Security department. This position assists the Director in the development and implementation of safety and security procedures, and serves as a liaison to contracted security service vendors and local law enforcement authorities for the College's main campus and regional centers. The Manager is also accountable for the administration of security systems, training of staff and collection of data to ensure compliance with all applicable laws related to public safety. This position will work both day and evening shifts on a rotational basis.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Five (5) years of supervisory-level work experience in a security or law enforcement field required.
• Valid Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle required.
• Prior experience using security related technologies (i.e. RMS systems, camera systems, access control systems, etc.) required.
• Must be available to work evening shifts on a rotational basis.
• Demonstrated understanding of state laws and regulations related to public safety and security.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making assessments for decisions required.
• Must be able to work varying shifts or extended hours, as needed.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Degree preferably in Criminal Justice or related field.
• Five (5) years of supervisory-level work experience in safety and security department within higher education preferred.