The GBS Group Information Security Analyst in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The GBS Group, an engineering services and consulting firm, is seeking a *Information Security Analyst *to join our team in the Philadelphia Navy Yard. Successful candidates will support our customers by analyzing, administrating and supporting the compliance of multiple systems per DOD-mandated Information Assurance and Cybersecurity standards.
Roles and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Administer and manage Information Assurance and Cybersecurity for multiple systems.
- Develop and manage IA and Cybersecurity processes in accordance with DOD standards.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures. (DIACAP and RMF).
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Identifies, installs, tests and verifies OS-level and software-level patches and/or STIGs in accordance with IA and Cybersecurity standards.
Candidates must possess the following professional experience and qualifications:
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support of Microsoft and/or Linux-based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to administer a network and support multiple networked computers and printers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Highly developed verbal and written communications
Candidates must possess the following Educational & Certification requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications and/or training and work experience.
- Must have CompTIA Security+,CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+ certifications.
- Must have one of the following certifications: MCITPA:SA, RHCE or RHCSA.
- Preferred certifications include MCITP:EA, VMWare's VCP, Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Prior experience supporting the Certification & Accreditation process of DOD or US Navy systems.
- Prior experience of as an entry or intermediate Navy Validator.
- Experience with ACAS scanning software.
Candidates must possess or obtain the following requirements:
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- U. S. Citizenship Required
Company: The GBS Group
Employment Type: Full Time