Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Plasma Processor in Phenix City, Alabama
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
● Collects and processes donor samples for processing and testing.
● Records weight of product and samples.
● Labels samples and freezes units for final packing within required timeframe. Participates in unit management according to SOP.
● Packs units for final shipment; packs samples and prepares shipping box to send samples to the testing lab.
● Monitors stored product to ensure time requirements are met. Monitors and reports working conditions of equipment.
● Maintains active communication with other service areas to ensure accurate documentation and quality.
● Completes all necessary documentation. Ensures donor confidentiality. Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall satisfaction with the center to support long- term donation.
● Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Maintains supplies necessary to perform job duties. Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
May assist, plan and participate in marketing programs, community service activities, mentoring, training, facility care and continuous improvement activities.
High School diploma or GED. Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable.
Typically requires no previous related experience.
Occupational Demands Form # 76: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while working in plasma freezer. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed standing for 4 to 6 hours per day. Bending and twisting neck and waist for 1-2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may infrequently squat, crouch or sit on one's heels. May walk up to 1-2 hours per day. Light lifting of 15lbs.on occasion, lifting from 25 to 35 lbs from 1-2 hours per day, with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to comprehend and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks. must possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Must perform within the guidance of both oral or written instructions.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home