FleetPride Warehouse - Driver Associate in Perris, California
Provide customer service through the delivery and/or pick-up of parts and other products. Unload products from shipping vehicles and store at the appropriate storage area in the warehouse. Provide support to the warehouse operations of the branch. Delivery function accounts for about 50% of time.
- Pull and organize customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, ensuring the order being delivered is correct and maintaining professionalism in appearance and conduct.
- Load materials into vehicle and install bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Follow company delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
- Pick up any and all applicable returns and cores, tagging appropriately and returning them to the branch.
- Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily by completing daily inspection/log. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
- Package, label and ship customer orders by UPS, US Mail, bus, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
- Move controls, levers and devices to drive industrial forklifts to transport materials between loading, unloading, processing and storage areas.
- Complete forklift operator training annually, provided by The Company.
- Check all load–related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse by sweeping, dusting, mopping, and emptying trash as necessary.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors. Requirements Physical Demands
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental/ Atmospheric Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
Proper protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
Requisition Number:: 16-1132
Post Date:: 10/18/2016
Title:: Warehouse - Driver Associate
Job Type:: Full Time