HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Business Health Outreach Coordinator (RN) in Pensacola, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Health Educator develops and presents programs related to disease management, exercise, preventive screenings and social programs within the community.
The Business Health Educator is responsible for organizing and executing employer screenings and other wellness opportunities.
By working in conjunction with the Business Health Director and Liaison, the Educator will be familiar with the wellness needs of targeted businesses; know the appropriate hospital resources to fulfill the needs; coordinate hospital teams and supplies to ensure screenings and other educational opportunities are conducted professionally and maximized to meet each hospital’s strategic plan.
The Educator will also be familiar with the tracking tool and other resources to document screening participation, outcomes, and follow up.
The Educator will be responsible for all of the necessary preparations are completed and communicated prior to a screening or other employer wellness outreach event and will maintain an inventory of supplies and will order when needed.
The Educator may also be called upon to provide direct wellness support services to include screening, nursing, consultation, and as a wellness information presenter at employer events.
The Educator will also make recommendations on appropriate follow up opportunities with businesses and may be called upon to serve as a resource to employers who want to build or improve upon an existing employee wellness program.
- Develops community education programs related to disease management, exercise, preventative screenings and social programs.
- Coordinates Commit to Fit.
- Establishes relationships with area Human Resource Directors in order to provide customized onsite programs.
- Seeks ways to expand Community involvement through education.
- Participates in hospital and community supported health fairs, business expos etc.
- Provides health screenings to the community including secondary markets.
- Encourages Physician involvement in community education programs.
- Partners with marketing department, H2U.
- Maintains memberships in multiple community agencies.
- Position interacts with business leader, general public and employees.
- Attendance is essential to this role.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing (RN) is required
Current and clear RN Florida license required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Minimum of 2 years of Community Health Education Required Experience in the Employer Health field is preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to organize health fairs; communicate health and wellness information; create health presentations; recruit staff to participate in health screenings; maintain quality control of screening data and serve as liaison between client and appropriate hospital departments.
- Must possess the ability to interact with and gain the confidence of a wide variety of people in the business community as well as within the various organizational entities.
- Requires excellent oral presentation skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively through written communication.
- Utilizes cost-effective measures and resources.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Proficiency in mathematical and analytical processes.
- Read/comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Sufficient t knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer/clerical skills.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate education programs.
- Handle multiple priorities/multi-tasks.
- Work independently/self starter/motivated/team player/results oriented.
Title: Business Health Outreach Coordinator (RN)
Location: Florida-Pensacola-West Florida Hospital
Requisition ID: 00060-6065