Indian Health Service Dental Officer, GS-0680-11/12 (Delegated Examining) in Peach Springs, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Peach Springs, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 9/19/2016 (35 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (7 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dental Officer for the Peach Springs Health Center in Peach Springs, AZ. Position will provide general dental services for Peach Springs and other satellite clinics under the Colorado River Service Unit and will report to the Supervisory Dental Officer onsite.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-PX-1797502-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- Responsible for examining, diagnosing and treating commonly encountered dental diseases and dental health problems.
- Provides most phases of general dentistry.
- Handles patients with difficult patient behavior or communication problems.
- May provide dental services to Supai Health Station, Chemehuevi Dental Clinic, or Parker Indian Health Center as needed.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel to other satellite clinics under the Colorado River Service Unit.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
*BASIC REQUIREMENTS: *Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-11:
Education: Degree in dental surgery (D.D.S.) or dental medicine (D.M.D.) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA); or other dental school, provided the education and knowledge acquired was substantially equivalent to that of graduates from an ADA-approved school.
Licensure: Applicants must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
*GS-12: *In addition to the Basic Requirements above, applicants may qualify for the GS-12 grade level if they meet the following experience and/or training described below:
- 2 years of post-licensure professional dentistry experience in general or specialized practice of dentistry; experience with high risk patients such as diabetics, early childhood caries, etc., preferred; OR superior academic ability as evidenced by a hospital dental internship or residency approved by the ADA.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Monday, October 31, 2016
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Selectee(s) may be required to travel and must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free.
Salary Range: $98,967.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0680-11/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 450973100
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-PX-1798840-DE