_Bayshore Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse for the Free Standing Emergency Department (Health One)_
The Registered Nurse coordinates nursing care for the patient and participates in patient / family education. Works collaboratively with ancillary staff and other patient care personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of Bayshore Medical Center.
1. Accurately documents in the patient’s record a description of the nursing care provided.
2. Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it relates to controlled substances.
3. Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an interdisciplinary team approach.
4. Assists the physician with examinations, tests and procedures.
5. Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate manner.
6. Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical and age-appropriate nursing competencies.
7. Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
8. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
9. Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement – “Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
10. Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records changes in condition and reaction to medications and treatment.
11. Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
12. Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to improve safety and patient outcomes.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
14. Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses understanding of information provided.
15. Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment.
16. Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection control techniques and universal precautions.
17. Respects the patient’s privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other information
18. Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
19. Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations relating to the practice of professional nursing.
20. Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
_INTERACTION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:_
Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patient care. Works with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital and with physicians, patients, and their families.
License / Certifications / Requirements
1. Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
2. Current BCLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS, and PALS/ENPC certifications are required
New hires must complete ACLS or PALS/ENPC within six (6) months from date of hire.
Graduate nurses must complete ACLS or PALS/ENPC within one (1) year from date of hire.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
Minimum one year experience preferred.
_PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT_
Position requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during various tasks/activities. PPE includes, but is not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks, and safety glasses.
Title: Registered Nurse - Free Standing Emergency Department
Location: Texas-Pasadena-Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena
Requisition ID: 00009-67465