CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Tax Administrative Assistant in Pasadena, California
Tax Processing Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a Tax Administrative Assistant for our * Pasadena, CA Office*. This position provides administrative and client service support to principals, managers, and staff primarily in the tax service area and ensures that timely and courteous service is provided to all clients and firm personnel. This position will assist in directing the tax admin processes and team. At the direction of the Office Administrator, this person will provide additional administrative support to other areas of the office.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and maintain a strong tax administrative team to align duties and implement best practices
- Support the standardization of tax processing & assembly procedures for one consistent operationally efficient method
- Work closely with tax leadership to support all aspects of the tax department , its principals, clients and staff
- Support all aspects of the tax department, to include but not limited to ordering tax supplies/research materials to managing E-file system and other tax software management,
- Assemble and process tax returns and process extensions as needed.
- Organize, scan and process tax documents.
- Perform full administrative duties including typing memorandums and engagement letters, correspondence, documents and reports, usually from rough draft, and edit for grammar, punctuation, and spelling as needed.
- Prepare, in draft form, routine correspondence as requested and organize workload to comply with deadlines and priorities established by the principals.
- Maintain a working knowledge/competency of appropriate systems applications utilized by firm, including Word, Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Communicate messages to principals, managers, and staff to resolve client questions on a timely basis.
- Interact with clients in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
- Work as a team member in meeting the needs of the industry/service group.
- Covers phones/reception area as back up
- Designated GFR tax champion for group; will be responsible for client portal management
- Learning Network Resource for office; perform other duties as assigned
- Technical Competencies. Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products required (to include demonstrated skill in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint); Familiarity with STAR, Go File Room, ProFx Engagement, ProFx Tax, and Auto Flow and Adobe a plus.
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Experience: A minimum of three years related experience, including demonstrated leadership skills in an office environment. Experience working within a tax environment preferred.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; AA or BA preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: None.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With over 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor. We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home. CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1045
Title: Tax Administrative Assistant