Intermountain Healthcare Enhanced Registrar (On Call) - Park City Medical Center in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides extraordinary care to our customers through friendly, courteous, and professional service. Responsible for registering patients in multiple service lines. Obtains and inputs all necessary demographic, financial, and clinical information from the patient or representative.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Verifies accuracy of EMPI link and identifies and reports possible linking problems and Identity Theft.
- 2. Interacts with patient/representative to gather, verify, and input patient demographic, insurance, and essential admission information accurately into a database so that appropriate billing, reporting and analysis by facility, corporate, state and federal agencies can be performed.
- 3. Registers for multiple service lines within a facility using appropriate patient service types; may register for all service lines within a facility.
- 4. Comprehends and provides explanation of legal documents in accordance to regulatory requirements, which may include the following: Advance Directives, MSP, Surgical H & P, Consent and Conditions of Admission, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices, Important Message from Tricare, Important Message from Medicare, etc.
- 5. Completes financial screening questions to properly identify potential funding sources.
- 6. Uses appropriate tools and facility contracts to hold financial discussions with patients or representatives which may include any of the following: collection of copay/deposit, review of insurance benefits and out of network/non-coverage issues, cost estimation, financial obligation, may initiate information regarding payment arrangements, refer patients with financial assistance needs, and initiate the rescheduling of services when appropriate.
- 7. Coordinates with physician offices, clinical staff, and patients on out of network issues to ensure patients maximize their insurance benefits. Ensures consideration is given to patient-specific conditions like being prepped for an exam or taking off work when determining whether to reschedule the patient?s service at a participating provider.
- 8. Responds to patients questions regarding billing process information and provides way-finding as needed.
- 9. Maintains quality and productivity stats determined reasonable for position.
- 10. May lead and/or train new employees.
- 11. May perform cashiering and hospital reception duties during "off hours".
- 12. Cross-trains to cover shifts in several departments as needed when departments are short-staffed and on holidays; holiday coverage may include the ED.
- 13. Understands the overall facility and patient process. Problem-solves with patients, department staff, and physicians working as a team to ensure registration information is complete, patients are directed appropriately, department schedules are maintained, and the patient has a positive and seamless check-in process.
- 14. Works admitting reports and Case Mix errors as assigned and ensures they are cleaned up in a timely manner so all statistical reports are correct for analysts.
- 15. Is "the face" of Intermountain Healthcare and the first interaction patients have with the hospital; responsible to set the tone for the patient?s service. Accountable to support hospital-specific patient engagement initiatives as directed by supervisor/manager. Supports the facility to achieve desired NRI National Research Institute and HCHAPS standard. Acts as a liaison front face of the facility with hospital administrators.
- Entry Rate: $13.93
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: On-Call / PRN
- Department: Emergency Department
- Additional Details: This position will float to both Park City Medical Center and Heber Valley Hospital
- Three years customer service experience within the last five years.
- Negotiation or collection experience within the last three years.
- Experience working effectively in time sensitive situations, multi-tasking and making prompt, responsible decisions.
- Demonstrated typing proficiency.
- Experience using basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking
- Registration experience on Tandem or iCentra
- Data entry or clerical experience in a medical office setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Park City Medical Center
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Park City