Ingersoll Rand Scheduling Generalist in PANAMA CITY, Florida
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for making phone calls to customersto confirm customer demand prior to manufacturing or shipping product.Work closely with the production scheduler to ensure we are maintaining the production schedule in alignment with the Master Production Schedule.Establishing the correct ship date will involve working closely with operations leaders, and others to coordinate manufacturing plans that achieve the company objectives relative to customer service, efficient resource/capacity utilization and inventory investment.
- Establishes production manufacturing priorities for the customer demands consistent with master scheduling requirements, inventory objectives, and service level goals.
- Makes daily Calls to customers to review and correct delivery information.
- Uses standard work to script calls to verify delivery information.
- Makes changes to delivery notes in various systems to ensure accuracy.
- Backs up and works directly with Production Scheduler.
- Produces reports and creates metrics for current and past due information.
- Works with Master Scheduler to report out MDI process needs.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities and monitors schedule performance against plan to maintain priorities and meet established schedules.Meets daily with cross-functional team to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
- Works the critical shortage reports on a daily basis and updates the appropriate cause codes for service level reporting.
- Identifies and resolves problems.
- Initiates prioritization of customer demands as a result of changes in plans or customer requirement.
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to effectively make complex decisions with limited time and information and can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and independent problem resolution.
- Data access/retrieval skills with experience in data analysis, data manipulation using MS Excel, MS Access, and/or other tools as provided.
- Working knowledge of ERP system.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Associate degree in business or related field preferred. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
·APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Experience with rate based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: PANAMA CITY-Florida
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 29, 2016, 9:14:20 AM