HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Technician (Part Time Days) in Panama City, Florida
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Centeris a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, Florida. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement,Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an "A" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Surgical technologists are individuals with specialized education who function as members of the surgical team in the role of scrub person. With additional education and training, some surgical technologists function in the role of surgical first assistant. Surgical technology programs are accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology—a collaborative effort of the Association of Surgical Technologists and the American College of Surgeons, under the auspices of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Accredited programs provide both didactic education and supervised clinical experience based on a core curriculum for surgical technology.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, equipment and supplies needed for various surgical procedures.
* Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
* Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients’ right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error medical error or unanticipated outcomes in the patient’s care which results in harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory educations requirements. * Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety. * Regular, Punctual and Dependable Attendance. * Maintains and safely handles medications to include IV fluids, contrast media.
* Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure * Scrubs, gowns, and gloves * Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure. * Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed * Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistant * Helps in draping sterile field * Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure * Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure * Prepares sterile dressing * Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization * Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room * Assists in pepping room for the next patient * Records Flash Steam Log and Cidex Log Completely and accurately according to policy * Actively participates in time out procedure.
SECOND ASSISTING TECHNOLOGIST * Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon * Sponges or suctions operative site * Applies electro-cautery to clamps on bleeders * Cuts suture material as directed by the surgeon * Connects drains to suction apparatus * Applies dressings to closed wound
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology preferred
* BLS for Healthcare Provider certificationrequired
* Certified Surgical Technologist preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: * * Previous experience preferred *SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving lifting of patients and /or equipment up to 50lbs. * Possesses the ability to work as a member of a team or independently as the situation requires and to prioritize responsibilities.
Title: OR Technician (Part Time Days)
Location: Florida-Panama City-Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00096-5964