General Motors Senior Software Engineer - Infotainment - ENG0032245 in Palo Alto, California
GM is building an Infotainment platform software team which is tasked with two critical roles: co-developing, along with the supplier, the software that will run GM’s next generation infotainment system, and developing the talent and tools necessary to allow GM to take ownership of the resulting software stack. This team will ultimately be solely responsible for developing, and maintaining GM’s entire infotainment software platform. We are looking for senior engineers with a very solid knowledge in developing Android software who are interested in applying their experience to delivering high quality software for future automotive Infotainment systems.
- Contribute as designer and developer to building Android based infotainment solutions for automotive consumer devices.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the infotainment software.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for GM infotainment systems.
- Follow our software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture, feature requirements, design, code, and test case reviews to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities..
- Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- 10+ years in Software Development in related domains
- 5+ years in designing and developing software on the Android platform
- Software development experience in Linux platform
- Software design and implementation experience in an object-oriented environment
- Development experience with Android development toolkit and process
- In depth experience with SCM tools such as: Git, Gerrit, OpenGrok, JIRA, Eclipse IDE
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Experience in developing and deploying products in global markets
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team, good team worker
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree. Advanced degrees preferred
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics or navigation systems
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance the usability of complex systems is a plus
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.