General Motors Senior Engineer Software Configuration Management - ENG0032105 in Palo Alto, California
The senior SCM engineer will own build system and associated tools and make files. He will also lead the integration of Infotainment software into the common platform baseline. The senior engineer will work closely with CM engineers and development teams on integration tasks, and will be responsible for providing technical leadership for SCM projects. The senior engineer will report to the SCM manager and will actively participate in defining and implementing the SCM team’s innovation roadmap.
- Develop scripts for automating SCM tasks
- Integrate Android and Tier-1 vendors supplied software into the common platform baseline
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for GM platform’s build system
- Drive platform configurability to keep software platform common
- Help with monitoring Jenkins builds
- Setup new branches and new build lines as needed
- Take part in source code synchronization between vendor sites and GM
- Lead SCM innovation projects
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
- 10+ years in Software Development with using C/C++/Java languages
- Strong understanding of Linux-based systems
- Knowledge of managing platform builds and product integration with platform builds for multiple parallel products
- Technical leadership skills
- Excellent skills in scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Shell
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Working experience with bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.
- Android build system knowledge
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics or navigation systems
- Advanced degrees