USM, An EMCOR Company Regional Manager in Palo Alto, California
About Us:EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Regional Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Facility Services (EFS) provides full spectrum facility services to public and private sectors of nearly every market. Managing more than 1 billion square feet worldwide, our people have the optimal blend of capabilities and technical expertise to help clients achieve the highest levels of performance. EFS is anticipating significant growth in the California region and is seeking Regional Managers to provide leadership and oversee the implementation and management of our Facility Integrated Service Program. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day facility operations and maintenance of a multi-site region covering an array of medical and business operations facilities that require a combination of dedicated in-house staff and truck based servicing approaches. Localized travel within the region is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the EMCOR Facility Services Program Manager, keeping the PM informed on all aspects of regional performance, issues, and changes to requirements
- Prepares reports documenting Regional performance submitting to EMCOR Facility Services Management and customers as required
- Implements site tailored facility operations and maintenance processes and procedures overseeing day-to-day performance of various on-site and truck based work crews operating within the Manager’s region
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance in the manager’s region including responding to urgent and emergency situations and exercises.
- Acts as primary customer contact for operations and maintenance activities within the manager’s region, meeting with the customers to review schedules and cost and technical performance.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Monitors facility and services metrics, identifying and evaluating emerging issues, and making recommendations to ensure performance to standards
- Implements and oversees tailored facility operations and maintenance concepts; work management methods, and performance criteria
- Reviews project or operational plans identifies issues, makes recommendations to ensure plan and schedule objectives are met for the Manager’s region
- Oversees subordinate managers and non-management employees assigning authority and responsibilities to execute site tailored plans and schedules
- Ensures business, technical and customer requirements are achieved
- Directly participates in developing and administering regional facility projects in accordance with budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Evaluates schedules to deconflict work assignments where there are task and resource conflicts.
- Ensures Computerized Maintenance Management System is up to date with the latest performance data and that employees are correctly entering data as appropriate
- Identifies the need for additional vendors and subcontractors and coordinates requirements with Supply Chain Management
- Develops and implements tailored facility operations and maintenance processes as required
- Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan making adjustments as necessary to resolve technical and operational issues
- Ensures that the various work teams in the region are effectively staffed with qualified personnel
- Manages regionally based teams that include collective bargaining employees
- Provides direction, development, and coaching to employees
- Supports the preparation of proposals; business plans; proposal work statements and specifications; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Ensures federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance
- Ensures employees are current in skill and regulatory training
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with ten or more years’ experience in multi-site facility management overseeing daily operations of teams of varying skill sets and levels
- Successful candidate must have a proven track record in facility operations and management, work team management, schedule management, and customer relations
- Broad based knowledge and experience in facility operations and maintenance, facility systems sustainment, and work management is required
- Experienced in using Maximo based CMMS platforms to manage work control
- Must have solid verbal and written reporting experience
- Outstanding team working skills are required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Regional Manager
Date Posted: 10/22/2015
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1440972101