California State University San Bernardino Associate Dean, Palm Desert Campus (Administrator II) in Palm Desert, California
*Overview: *CSUSB Palm Desert Campus serves students from approximately 19 bachelor's programs, 18 master's degree programs, and one doctoral degree. The campus serves 1300 – 3000 students most of whom are currently residents of the Coachella Valley. New programs are being considered to accommodate the expected growth of the Palm Desert Campus as it is the only public 4-year university in the Coachella Valley. The aim of campus administration is to give the Palm Desert Campus students the equivalent college experience enjoyed by CSU San Bernardino students.
Internal candidates will be given preferential consideration.
Required Application Materials: To apply, please include a cover letter, curricula vitae, diversity statement and a list of at least three (3) professional references. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, and/or gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experience, background and philosophy has prepared you for the Associate Dean and Palm Desert Campus position (maximum 250 words).
Employment Status: Full-time, "exempt" position, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP).
*Salary: *Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
*First Review Deadline: *This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed January 16, 2017.
The Associate Dean at Palm Desert Campus works closely with the Palm Desert Campus Dean as well as all CSUSB Academic Deans. The Associate Dean is an important member of the PDC Dean's leadership team and works closely with other PDC administrators. The Associate Dean is primarily responsible for and oversees all freshman class activities, including SOAR, course scheduling, enrollment projections and recruitment, tutoring for undergraduates, undergraduate advising, and student life activities. In addition, the person in this position manages and coordinates the Early Start Math and English programs.
- Represents the campus at various internal and external communities that impact the campus and university (includes attending meetings at the San Bernardino Campus).
- Assist the dean in accomplishing strategic goals and objectives as well as the broader goals of the university.
- Manages GE/Lower Division courses and projects budgetary costs
- Assists in enrollment projections and enrollment management both short term and long term planning.
- Serves as a resource for faculty matters, including faculty development, recruitment and evaluation (classroom visits if requested by the departments).
- Works with the Dean on space planning, facilities and equipment management.
- Coordinates an effective undergraduate curriculum, including the scheduling of courses.
- Oversees freshman recruitment, undergraduate advising and tutoring services.
- Manages department staff, including development and performance evaluations.
- Coordinates SOAR and Early Start Programs.
- Oversees student life activities.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Knowledge of scheduling
- Knowledge of GE requirements
- Ability to collaborate with other leadership team members
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work self-directed towards established goals and priorities
- Ability to be creative related to student activities
Living in or near the Coachella Valley or a willingness to relocate is preferred. Education/Experience:
A doctorate degree or terminal degree
Planning and leadership experience Preferred Qualifications:
Experience as a tenured, associate or full professor
- Experience in the California State University System
- Experience as a department chair, director, or other mid-level higher education manager
- Experience with student life programs (clubs, volunteerism, etc.)
- Experience with enrollment projections
- Experience with freshman programs Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00323
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Palm Desert, CA