Corning Research Intern- Wireless Systems in Painted Post, New York
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D;, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position:
The successful candidate will work on research projects investigating next-generation 5G Mobile Communications technologies. He/She will be part of the team developing novel hardware and software infrastructure for enabling future wireless applications.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement digital signal processing algorithms and related software tools for novel fiber-wireless system designs.
- Perform laboratory evaluation of digital fiber-wireless communication systems.
- Conduct measurements and analyze measurement data
- Report on research results to a team of Research Scientists
Travel Requirements: none
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40hrs
Job Title: Research Intern- Wireless Systems
Reference #: 183098
Required Education: Currently enrolled in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge of Matlab programing/simulation tool
- Familiarity with communication theory and systems
- Previous hands-on laboratory experience with electronics hardware
- Familiarity with basic laboratory measurement equipment
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.