Corning Business Continuity Analyst in Painted Post, New York
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D;, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The Business Continuity Analyst is a new position and will be an integral part of the Business Continuity Office (BCO). The BCO Analyst will directly support the continued build-out and administration of Corning’s enterprise-wide crisis management and business continuity management programs.
This individual will be responsible for day-to-day program build-out and maintenance activities, data collection and analysis, and management and execution on assigned projects. Scope of position will also include administration of BCO-specific systems and databases; data collection, integrity and analysis; and creating reports on key performance metrics.
The ideal candidate will have successful project management experience and use Performance Excellence and Lean Six Sigma tools to support their work. This individual will proactively identify issues and areas for improvement, with a strong bias toward proposing and later implementing agreed improvements. Prior business unit or corporate experience, and general business acumen is desired.
The successful candidate will work closely and effectively with various areas of the organization including members of our crisis management network in Headquarters and throughout the business units, the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), department colleagues, and other key stakeholders.
This position reports to the Manager, Business Continuity Office. The Business Continuity Office is part of Corning Global Security’s Risk & Resiliency function.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support the management and continued development of Corning’s crisis management network, including records, training and Center of Excellence interactions (i.e. Blueline community, schedule bimonthly calls, etc.).
- Support the continued build-out of Corning’s Business Continuity Management System and implementation throughout our business units.
- Onboard new members, sites or businesses to the crisis management reporting and planning process.
- Review and update relevant crisis management procedures and documentation annually or more frequently as needed.
- Review our emergency management plan template against internal quality criteria and external best practices, with an eye toward improvement.
- Administer several department databases or systems (RPX), managing for integrity, completeness and accessibility of data.
- Define plans for collecting and synthesizing key performance metrics to report monthly, quarterly and annually on process/program effectiveness.
- Prepare clear and succinct reports and presentations for various stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate closely with the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) in the Impact Assessment Reporting process to ensure timely and accurate reporting and remediate issues or questions that may arise.
Minimal, Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
Job Title: Business Continuity Analyst
*Required Education: *BA/BS
- Strong analytical skills and affinity for process rigor
- Manage work details accurately and efficiently while keeping “the big picture” in focus
- Comfortable taking independent action with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate project/initiative status, articulate roadblocks
- Able to identify issues and opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Adept at using quantitative and qualitative analysis methods to support observations, analysis and recommendations
- Able to organize work, prioritize and follow through to completion within agreed deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to various levels in the organization
- Strong computer skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Required Soft Skills:
- Understand and adhere to Corning Values
- Eager to learn and continuously improve skills, knowledge and abilities
- Flexible, self-motivated, efficient
- Holds high performance standards as both an individual contributor and team member
- Comfortable communicating at various levels in a matrixed organization with multiple business units
- Good judgment and discernment with limited direct supervision
- Advanced Excel skills
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- 5+ years working in a business unit or corporate role
- Prior global or corporate security, business continuity, crisis management, emergency management, or risk management experience
- MA/MS in business, finance, risk management or a related area
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.