Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Administrative Assistant I in Pacoima, California
Responsible for performing routine administrative, clerical, and general office support duties in a timely and efficient fashion this part-time(24 hours) benefits-eligible position will be working at Via Avanta, a residential program in Pacoima that provides women struggling to overcome addictions to drugs and alcohol, as well as mental health issues and domestic violence, with a safe and supportive living environment for up to a year. The program welcomes children up to age six, who can live with their mothers while they undergo counseling and group therapy, attend parenting classes and improve life and job skills.
The schedule for this position is 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
May perform any or all of the following based upon specific division or program assignment.
- Prepares a wide variety of routine correspondence, forms, reports and similar items using word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry software.
- Maintains and updates division or department personnel or other files as required by licensing and applicable state and federal laws.
- Creates and maintains databases for program outcome monitoring.
- Copies, sorts, faxes, collates and retrieves documents.
- Maintains calendar and monitors location of staff.
- Acts as receptionist, greeting visitors and notifying staff of their arrival; assists staff with appointment scheduling; records call volume and produces reports.
- Takes vitals of clients.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates meetings and training sessions; coordinates location; and refreshments; secures necessary media equipment; distributes meeting announcements; prepares and distributes meeting material; takes meeting minutes; ensures room is vacated and tidy after meeting or event.
- Assists in monitoring program expenses; monitors supplies and re-orders supplies, forms, books and other items; maintains petty cash.
- Sorts and distributes mail; prepares outgoing mail including internal office mail, external office mail, overnight services, delivery services and registered mail.
- Responds to telephone calls for supervisor in a timely, friendly manner and assist callers as able, describing program and program requirements to inquirers; checks and responds to e-mails.
- Attends routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for the division, department or Agency.
- Searches incoming purses and packages brought into the facility.
- High school diploma or GED and 3 or more years' of administrative/clerical experience preferably in a social service/mental health or nonprofit environment.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of all job specific skills to include strong working knowledge of computer systems and software as they apply to program or department activity.
- Possess basic math skills sufficient to monitor program petty cash and related functions.
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Efficiently use the personal computer for word processing, spreadsheets, database maintenance and other related software programs.
- Utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make decisions within policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
Candidates must be able to clear all criminal background checks in order to qualify for this position.
Requisition Number: 16-0194
Post Date: 9/15/2016
Title: Administrative Assistant I
Full Time/Part Time: PT/Non-Exempt - Hourly
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly