HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager – Emergency Services in Oviedo, Florida
Oviedo Medical Center , a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital’s modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care.
Nurse Manager – Emergency Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures. You are expected to smile! Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's standard of nursing practice, nursing policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for ensuring effective pain management practices are in place and operational in area(s) of responsibility.
- Assists Director in the maintenance and monitoring of budget and acquisition of capital equipment.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Ensures patient care is provided in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory, recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement plans to ensure compliance and address performance improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or anticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Acknowledge patients appropriately. Introduces self and others. Explains purpose of visit/care and communicates anticipated duration to enhance patient experience. Uses key words at key times.
- Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
- Demonstrates and ensures patient connection utilizing "sit, touch and talk" as appropriate. Ensures staff communicates and interacts with patients, families, physicians and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
Attends and participates in staff meetings, patient conferences and in-service presentations as appropriate. Completes annual competency training, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
EDUCATION: Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE : Minimum 3 year RN experience in acute care setting; 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current Florida State Registered Nurse license; or ARNP; Current BLS (Basic Life Support); Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
SKILLS: Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Title: Nurse Manager – Emergency Services
Location: Florida-Oviedo-Oviedo Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26750-142