HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Monitor Tech PRN/Per Diem in Oviedo, Florida
/Oviedo Medical Center/, a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital’s modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care.
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established hospital and nursing department policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties including EKG monitoring and interpretation, compiling, transcribing, preparing and maintaining records in a specific nursing area or unit. Provides information and communication services to visitors and staff. Assists nursing staff in maintaining efficient operations on the unit. You are expected to smile!
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
- BLSthrough the American Heart Association required upon hire.
- Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, Knowledge of indications and adverse reactions of cardiac IV medications
Title: Monitor Tech PRN/Per Diem
Location: Florida-Oviedo-Oviedo Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26750-412