HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Staff Accountant in Orlando, Florida
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN ORLANDO
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES –Responsible for general accounting functions including posting, analyzing and processing accounting data for reporting of surgery center operations.
SUPERVISOR –Regional Controller or Designee
SUPERVISES – None
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Maintain multiple General Ledgers.
· Prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
· Reconciles all monthly balance sheet accounts and provides documentation to support all balances.
· Prepares Monthly Post Closing Review Guides.
· Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Responds to request for information from Corporate, Internal Audit, ASD Management, other internal management and surgery centers.
· Ensures that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills including “if” statements, filtering, subtotaling, etc.
· Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel and Business Objects.
· Proficient in Power Point
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong planning and multi-tasking abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
· Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe correctly.
· Customer Service – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations.
· Interpersonal Skills – able to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedure and systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
· Minimum one year of Accounting/Finance experience preferred. **
*CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – *N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Requires prolonged periods of sitting and performing sedentary work. Requires sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate. Work is performed in an office environment. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Title: Staff Accountant
Requisition ID: 26143-3880