Universal Orlando Designer, Attraction - Media (Universal Creative) in Orlando, Florida
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide - Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as new destinations planned for Europe, Asia, and the United Arab Emirates. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
Responsible for creation, development and execution of design and art direction of media elements of assigned attractions, rides, shows and environmental design projects. As directed by the Show Producer, Creative Director and lead designer will assist the design team in the development of details to creatively integrate the myriad show, facility, equipment and other media elements into the overall creative environment. The Attraction Designer - Media is a creative, innovative, and organized thinker able to create multiple technical and creative approaches and solutions to meet critical media design criteria, such as, guest experience, hourly ride capacity (THRC), show timing, vehicle spacing, etc., while adhering to local building codes. Is responsible to bring the creative intent of a project and various show and facility media elements of an attraction. Utilizes various drafting techniques and tools (e.g. AutoCAD, ADOBE Graphics software, 3D software, etc.) to draw, draft and create dimensional, scale drawings and models detailing construction methods and the integration of various show elements with each other and the facility. Responsible for designing to project program and budget, and for coordinating and integrating with other disciplines including but not limited to engineering, operations, and architecture.
* MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- As directed by the Show Producer or Creative Director, the Attraction Designer - Media conceives, develops and defines media design elements of assigned projects that affect guest experience with the design team through various phases of a project. Accomplished with many different methods, including, but not limited to: participating in brainstorm sessions / charettes, creating sketches, storyboards, points of view (POVs), renderings, 3D models, illustrations, drawings, plans, sections and elevations.
- As directed by the Creative Director, develops and maintains the integrity on the envisioned media design, maintaining a cohesive design in all media elements associated with the project through various phases of project development.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of presentations and presentation media outlining creative goals and intent to gain internal and external approvals. Acts as project liaison for appropriate internal and external partners, licensors, and intellectual property developers.
SCOPE: Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations; detailed understanding of technical issues. Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact and maturity. Will typically be assigned to project in the early phases of development (e.g. Blue Sky, Concept Design and Schematic Design). It is possible that they may be assigned to projects in the field for installation depending upon need. Will be assigned to a wide range of tasks and project sizes and types.
- The Attraction Designer - Media should have experience in theatre, film, animation, architecture, gaming or other related industries.
- Must be a creative thinker and have strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as illustration, show set / scenic design and drafting, 3D modeling, architectural design, and/or others.
- Must have strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Design, Theater, Graphics or Computer Technology or other related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 Years: Design experience for themed entertainment, theme parks or related industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 30977BR_ Universal IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2016 Universal Studios. © 2016 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE