Siemens Commercial Project and Global Mobility Consultant in Orlando, Florida
Commercial Project and Global Mobility Consultant
Job Family: Human Resources
Division: Human Resources
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 201756
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Commercial Project and Global Mobility Consultant
The role of the Commercial Project and Global Mobility Consultant is to define and consult on the applicable Delegation (short-term expatriation) concept based on international taxation, immigration, social security requirements and provides international commercial project business consulting. The consultant will serve as the primary contact for one or multiple Siemens Regional Entities (RE) in the Americas by guiding and handling the CPD (Construction Project Delegation) both inbound and outbound for various countries. The consultant will be providing guidance to the business on CPD-related topics.
• Communicate delegation concept for planned or current CPD assignments based on international / national law and internal Siemens guidelines (i.e. tax legislation, social insurance law, immigration law, internal governance mandates).
• Advise and alignment of delegation concept with commercial project business, if applicable with foreign HR and internal governance.
• Provide consultations to CPD Delegates, managers and internal departments on case-specific topics throughout the CPD assignment (Pre-/On-Delegation, Repatriation).
• Provide CPD briefing to delegate with pre-delegation and repatriation briefing (person/virtual).
• Receipt, handling, escalation (if needed) of guideline-exceeding discussions and procurement of decisions via Global Mobility management (preparation of decision memo for GMSC management)
• Provide calculations, and clarification of delegate income
• Define project tax concept for non-PATAC Siemens projects.
• Prepare, support and/or execute information sessions for managers, HR and delegates regarding CPD- or delegation specific topics
• Identify deviations in the CPD process as well as process improvements opportunities.
• Support the delegate and accompanying family members throughout the delegation as needed and assist with extraordinary situations.
• Organize and manage day-to-day workload to include responding to client and delegate emails, voicemails, and requests within 24 – 48 hours of receipt.
• Identify, manage and support special projects, special customer requests, research, and on-site presentations
• Knowledge of international commercial project business, expatriate procedures and processes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; a passion for customer service; flexibility; innovation; high-energy self-starter who brings the utmost level of integrity to the company.
• Ability to adapt to changing and fast-paced business environment.
• Process-improvement and business-orientation.
• Ability to utilize and maintain IT systems.
• Superb organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Sensitivity to intercultural issues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player and excellent customer service orientation.
• Natural 'change agent' who will have a passion for accomplishing the organizational mission and building successful business partnerships.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum of 2 years experience required in expatriate administration, preferably in the area of international commercial project business.
• Understanding and application of international taxation, immigration, social security concepts and international commercial project business consultation.
• Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office 2007 / MS Visio / MS Access, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.
• International experience and cultural sensitivity are a big plus for this role
• Spanish languages are a huge plus
• Siemens internal experience a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment and process-improvement orientation.
• PeopleSoft, IHRIS knowledge a plus.
• There will be 10% travel associated with this position
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .