Universal Orlando Accountant, Finance - Accounting & Reporting in Orlando, Florida
Universal Orlando® Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who's serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn't take magic to put a smile on a guest's face... it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you're serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won't just be "doing a job." You'll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Perform a variety of accounting functions. Duties involve the application of a full range of general accounting principles and techniques including journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting.
* MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Prepare worksheets and analyze a range of accounts to verify accuracy, identify business trends or problem areas.
- Complete month-end close duties including report review and account reconciliation.
- Assist with applicable ad-hoc projects and requests.
- Record financial transactions through posting of a variety of journal entries into the GL System.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts in accordance with NBCU account reconciliation requirements.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly corporate reporting by compiling and reviewing requested financial information and submitting based on NBCU requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: Microsoft Office, Ability to Communicate Clearly, Organization Skills, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Forecasting, Budgeting, Analytical Thinking, Planning and Scheduling, Accounting Research, Knowledge of Accounting Principles, Solution Development.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associate's degree (AA) is required. Bachelor's degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 0-1 years; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Infrequent local travel. Long distance travel not required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 30978BR_ Universal IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2016 Universal Studios. © 2016 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE