HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Technology Specialist in Orange Park, Florida
SUMMARY OF DUTIES -Assure the Patient Account Services obtains maximum benefits information systems network integration. Promote teamwork to meet organizational goals and objectives. Maintain PC Network and Servers to provide maximum systems availability and performance.
SUPERVISOR – Network Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Follow through on all requests for repair and/or software problems from end users
• Investigate and resolve issues related to PCs, telecommunications and/or printers
• Maintain knowledge of Corporate policies and procedures
• Demonstrate the ability to remain current with a rapidly advancing industry involving highly technical equipment and issues
• May require a strong working knowledge of PBS systems, telecommunications, and managerial concepts in PBX environment.
• Manage LAN, WAN, PC, and voice technologies
• Continuously make recommendations for process improvements
• Trend issues to identify prevention opportunities
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• Continuing education in data processing related fields preferred
• At least 2 years experience in PC maintenance required
• Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• Technology skills - Requires knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, networks, and common software packages available to support database and spreadsheet applications. General knowledge of relevant system support and troubleshooting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Title: Technology Specialist
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Shared Services - Orange Park
Requisition ID: 08945-124746