Danaher Corporation Director of Financial Planning and Analysis in Orange, California
Danaher Company Description
Kavo Kerr Group is a leading dental medical device and consumables manufacturing company. It is a member of the Danaher Corporation, a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services with strong brand names and significant market positions with over $19 billion in revenue and over 65,000 employees.
KaVo Kerr Group is a world leader in smart products and processes that enable dental professionals to confidently optimize their work and lives. With our deep experience and proven solutions, we proudly serve 99 percent of dental practices around the world. With over 500 years of combined history, KaVo Kerr Group represents a broad portfolio of equipment and consumable brands that span multiple user groups and product segments. As a global organization with strong local relationships, we deliver a steady stream of product line extensions and break-through innovations. In the end, we empower our customers so they can do their jobs better and promote healthy lifestyles with the optimal work life balance.
TheDirector Financial Planning & Analysis is the primary owner for providing analytical and business decision support to drive margin expansion, financial forecasts, operating plans and strategic goals for the Operating Company. This role serves as a key member of the organization’s financial team and interacts with corporate and business unit management to compile and review annual budgets, generate forecasts, analyze trends in business performance, and provide internal management reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works closely with the President, CFO, and other members of the senior management team in developing long-range plans that will set the future direction of the Operating Company. * Provides information and analysis for the management team and Danaher corporate finance. * Leads the efforts and collection of information required to develop, analyze, and/or modify financial plans, which include the monthly risk and opportunities, quarterly forecast, annual operating plan and long-term strategic plans. * Monitors and report financial performance, analyze and interpret operating results, investigate variances and unusual items and evaluate their effect on business operations. Report results along with recommendations for action. * Develops and tracks metrics to analyze the performance of the Company’s various businesses and regions and share those results with management in a systematic way. * Develops analytical tools make recommendations for resolution of problems. Designs, improves and maintains financial systems and models. * Develops systems and reports that will enable the management team to make more informed business decisions. Determines new offerings and enhancements, sustainment, or retiring of existing reports and tools. * Streamlines the budgeting process for the company such that it establishes linkage to the company’s strategy and ensures strong cost control. * Coordinates budget and forecast activities across the Operating Company. “Pressure tests” budget and forecasts for accuracy and achievability. * Coordinates with the Financial Systems group to ensure the Operating Company’s reporting needs are met. * Identifies and implements Financial Compliance improvements. Demonstrates responsibility for financial controls, resolves internal and external audit issues related to General Ledger and Financial Reporting in a timely manner and ensures account reconciliations meet standards of internal control. Ensures compliance to FICAP, GAAP, and Standards of Internal Control. * Directly supervises one employee in the Finance Department. * Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting required.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, with significant emphasis in finance preferred.
7 years of experience as a financial professional. A thorough understanding of accounting, discounted cash flow concepts and techniques, and foreign exchange is required.
3 years of experience with financial modeling, forecasting, and variance analysis.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
Experience in an international manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong accounting and reporting system skills including SAP, Oracle, HFM, Hyperion Planning and Excel.
- Demonstrates the highest levels of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work without supervision are critical.
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills (Communication).
- Problem solving and solid business decision making skills.
- Effective Planning and organizational ability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance / Accounting
Primary Location: North America-United States-CA-Orange
Req ID: KER001038